Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Reclaiming Life

I am making a consious effort to reclaim my life. To take back what others have taken without a care or what I have given that I shouldn't have.

I am going to take the time to take care of myself because that is the only way I can be a good mother to my children. I have to be a complete and happy person if I am going to teach them to be happy and full people. Even if it takes years for me to accomplish this I think it will be good for them to see that sometimes life sends you struggles that get you down and make you feel little but that you have to keep trying.

I will no longer freely give of myself to people who do not deserve it. I will let the strong, independent, caring, sensitive person that I was once come back. I will no longer be afraid of my feelings. Be afraid that crying makes me weak. Or that asking for help will make me less of a person.

I will leave the past in the past where it belongs. Take the lessons that I have learned and move on. I will live a life less common and take joy in what I AM doing...not regreting what I HAVE NOT done.

2 comments:

  1. I love this post. You should print it out and hang it on your refrigerator, and reread it on days that breathing takes effort.

    Congrats, today is the first day of the rest of your life!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!

    Reading this damn near made me cry for you! How empowering, inspirational, uplifting, and courageous of you!

    Now THAT'S the stuff I'm talking about! You GO girl!

    ReplyDelete